This post is a little late...okay really late! However, Thomas' 1st birthday party was on Saturday, March 8th. Thomas had lots of family and a few close friends to help him celebrate. Just like the Friends episode, he was sound asleep when the party began and we finally had to wake him up so we could get the party started! He was a little shell shocked as everyone serenaded him...his face was priceless (thank goodness for video cameras)!
As you will see from the photos, he loved his cake. He was a little hesitant at first and wanted to point to each thing on it before taking the giraffe cookie off to eat it. Thomas quickly figured out the best way to get the good stuff was to get his hands right in it. He ate a lot for a little one and even shared a few bites with Daddy. Even though Thomas had no idea what was going on, it was so evident that he knew it was for and about him...what a ham!!
Thomas was not that interested in opening presents...but his cousin Clyde sure was. He helped me open every last one. Next year will be a different story and I bet Thomas will not be able to open them fast enough. His Nana and Grandaddy gave him a blanket, which was much appreciated since it is the same as his lovie, and bedtime without it is not an option. As soon as the balnket was opened he grabbed it and started sucking his thumb, which was pretty much what he did the rest of the time we opened presents. Too cute....now I can stop worrying about losing it since we have a back up!
Thomas' first birthday was everything Michael and I had imagined and hoped for. We are so grateful to everyone who chose to spend the afternoon celebrating with Thomas and us...thank you! We missed everyone who could not be with us and there are lots of pictures for you to see.





5 comments:
The pictures are great...I'm glad you put them all. We had fun at the party. Can't believe that Thomas is already 1!
I wondered if his party was ever going to make it to the blog! J/K...Those pictures are so fun. It looks like yall had a great time and we were sad that we missed it, BUT I know with us all having the flu that we weren't allowed in a 100 ft. radius of your house!
Happy Birthday Thomas!
The party looked like great fun. I can't wait to watch all of these boys and girls grow up with each other. Not too fast I hope!!!
Finally! Everything looked adorable . . . including the star of the show! The giraffe theme was too cute!
Post a Comment