Thursday, July 10, 2008

Sixteen Months





You turned sixteen months on the 28th of last month! Most of the time you are as happy as in the picture above...on this particular day, I had just caught you mopping our hardwood floors with tissue and TOILET water!!!!! Some of the things you enjoy and talk about are:
  • You LOVE all animals - especially "Kitty Kitty Kitty" and "Puppy". You spot puppies and kittens in every book and talk about them throughout the day. You even woke up this morning talking about a puppy, so you must dream about them too!


  • Your newest phrase (with the pointer finger just a going) is an emphatic "NO WAY." You rarely skip an opportunity to speak your mind, although most of the time it is in some sort of half German and Chinese mumbo jumbo.


  • You jibber jabber all day long and I really believe you know exactly what you are saying although I usually have no idea. Your Daddy thought that was what all babies your age did until so many people started commenting on it...and now he is a little afraid that once we can understand you, you may never stop talking!


  • Some of your newest words/phrases - daddy, get daddy(when you are chasing or coming for him), momma get (when you are asking me to get something for you), cookie, round (for the wheels on the bus song), Maggie (it is so cute when you say her whole name)

  • You are starting to climb everything. The ottoman in the den has been your target this week. You have already fallen off of it 4 times today. You have fallen and received five big and bruised goose eggs on your forehead to date and I am preparing myself for many many more. Thank goodness you have a hard little head.

  • We say your prayers together every night and I always say names in the same order. You get the biggest and sweetest smile on your face each time we thank God for Nana, Grandaddy and Uncle Mark...it melts my heart!

  • You are a pretty good eater. Lately you have been loving all the fresh zipper and pink eye peas I have cooked from the farmers markets...who would have guessed?

  • Each day your little personality comes alive more and more. I can not wait to get to know you even better! I think you are going to be a truly amazing child...I thank God numerous times throughout the day that He entrusted such a precious gift to us. I pray that He gives your Daddy and I the tools we need to raise you to love Him with all your heart and soul...and that one day you will do awesome things for His ultimate glory!!!

post signature

7 comments:

The Galimore Family said...

What a sweet picture! I loved reading all about Thomas:) And the toilet water (yuck!) I've caught Barrett in it once! Kind of hard to keep those lids down with Hudson in the house:)

Brandy said...

How Sweet Brooke! Thomas is such a fun little boy! Annabelle really loves dogs too-talks about them all day. :)

The Westra's said...

I love the picture, he is such a happy little guy!

Molly said...

Those little sweet cheeks. I could just pinch them to death. You are such a sweet and good mom.

Julee H. Nappier said...

I love that picture you took of him...he looks so happy and content all the time!(:

Wilson's Winners said...

Too cute - He may need to start washing his hands {unlike his mama!} before miss stirling has any "dates" with him! Had fun today - oh - that pic is adorable BTW.

Robyn Herring said...

What is it about toilet water that is so appealing to little ones?! You are not alone (although Evynne has never added TP to it and mopped the floor.) Can't wait to see you guys again soon!