What a little munchkin he is! Thomas turned fourteen months on the 28th, much to my dismay. I know I say this all the time, but time flies! He is so much fun right now. Always busy and on the go...running usually. He loves being outdoors and chasing Maggie all around the yard.
It has been so interesting to see his little personality emerging. He is sometimes so silly and then sometimes so serious...who knows what time will tell. He does has a temper and is feircly independent most of the time. He can also be the sweetest cuddle bug too...I love rocking him to sleep at night. I know those days will soon be over but I am enjoying every minute of him still being my "baby"!
All of the sudden in the past week, Thomas has begun saying new words every day. I figured I needed to write them down somewhere before I forget and since the poor thing has no baby book, the next best thing is the blog. The following is a list of words we hear on a regular basis:
- Dada and Momma (since around ten months) - He says dada all day long...it must be so sweet to be so loved!
- Bye and Bye Bye
- Papa (Papa Jim) and Nana - We are still working on Grandaddy and Meme
- Hap for happy - He loves the song "If Your Happy and You Know It"... and Happy Birthday
- Up - Finally! I have been working on this one for a long time. It's so nice for him to be prompted and sometimes on his own to say up when he wants us to hold him instead of fussing or whining.
- Ruff - we love dogs and our neighbors dogs bark a lot, so he is used to hearing that sound
- Moo - usually sounds more like ooo
- Dottle for bottle
- No - can't forget that one...he now points his finger when he says it. Wonder where he sees that?
- This probably doesn't count since I have not heard it since, but the other night at Moes Jenny and I swore he said pear and cookie...plain as day. Must have been a fluke!
I think that's about all. Thomas beginning to communicate is so fascinating to me. I can truly say that after working with so many children with autsim who struggle to get even their needs and wants known, each spoken word is like music to my ears. In the classroom each thing we did even down to how the room was arranged was in an attempt to elicit communication. Thomas' desire to communicate with those around him (even if it is to scream at us) is a blessing beyond belief...thank you Lord for our healthy baby boy!



7 comments:
Love, Love, Love this post! It is so amazing how they begin learning so early! It's like a light switch and one day it all starts to click.
p.s. After seeing this picture I really might have to start calling Thomas Junior!
So cute! They are all just growing up too fast!
So fun!!! It will be a different world when we start hearing what they're thinking! :)
Thanks Brooke for being so understanding about yesterday--I took Davis again to the doctor this morning to finally find out that he has strep. I will call you next week when we are well & reschedule! Shea Ford
P.S. Thomas is TOO cute! :)
He looks just like Michael! Too cute, I am so glad things are going well. I hope we can get together more over the summer.
I just want to squeeze those little cheeks of his!!! The ones on his face of course!(:
Post a Comment