Monday, January 5, 2009

Twenty Two Months



5 Things I LOVE about You

1. That you still like to be rocked for naps and bedtime. This makes me carve out time to sit quietly, which I don't find time to do often enough. At night, after we say your prayers and you crawl up on my shoulder, I often pray specifically for you. As I rocked you last night, I thanked God that he made you exactly like you are...fearfully and wonderfully made!

2. Your sense of humor. You are so much fun to kid with and have always "gotten the joke" since such an early age. You will laugh at just about anything silly Daddy or I do and you often joke back with us too.

3. Your strut...the way you walk and run. You strut and always have. It makes me smile just thinking about it.

4. Your emerging imagination. Your little imagination is just beginning to bud and you have suddenly started to pretend play more and more. I love playing with you and your new kitchen. I get such a kick out of watching you cut a piece of cake for yourself, Daddy and I and then putting each piece on a plate and passing them out to us. You give each of us spoons, fold your sweet chubby hands and direct us to "pray". You ask for "more pray" because you love it when we sing our mealtime prayer and then you blow out your candle and pretend to take bites from your spoon. You are turning into a toddler before my eyes.

5. Your great disposition. You are so HAPPY 99% of the time. Your sweet spirit is contagious...your Daddy and I fall more in love with you everyday!




post signature

6 comments:

Robyn Herring said...

Oh my goodness-- these pictures should be on a magazine cover. The one in the hat especially! A really sweet entry!

Brandy said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE those pictures! He is so handsome!

The Galimore Family said...

What sweet pictures of such a sweet little boy!

Wilson's Winners said...

LOVE the second picture. Are you a photographer or something?!? :-) So cute!!!!

Julee H. Nappier said...

Love the pictures...those eyes!!!

Elizabeth said...

He is such a beautiful child! I mean really....so sweet. I need to call you soon to take some pictures of Mason. I can't wait to see how your talent will capture our little angel on film! :)